Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become a part of our new growth and bright future. Our drivers are home daily! We
offer competitive salary and a great benefit package in an exciting, rewarding industry. *CB #ZR
Dohrn is currently seeking a Full Time City Driver at our Evansville, IN Terminal.
- A minimum age of 23.
- A minimum of 1 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience.
- All drivers must pass a road test administered by a Dohrn Transfer Driver Trainer.
- All drivers must possess, or obtain within the required time period, and maintain Hazardous Material and Tanker endorsements on their current valid driver's license issued by the resident state in which they reside.
- All drivers are to possess only one valid driver's license (CDL) issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification
from that state. Drivers will need to provide information on all licenses held within the previous 36 months.
- No record of citation or conviction of any DUI / OWI or Reckless Driving within the previous 5 years.
- Must have and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and functional screen.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Dohrn Transfer must receive a negative result.
- Dohrn Transfer must receive a negative controlled substances and alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
- There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an alcohol or controlled substance test within the past three-year period, including pre-employment testing.
- Must consent to a 10-year check on work history. Gaps of 30 days or more must be listed and explained. You may be asked to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed or withdrawal of the job offer.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment Dohrn Transfer. Nothing in these guidelines, your application, or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
- Drive a commercial vehicle safely while picking up and delivering general freight.
- Drive a commercial vehicle safely while transporting freight between terminals.
- Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dockworkers. Mechanic freight handling equipment may be used where available and appropriate.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.
- Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other methods.
- Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions as required by law and company policy.
- Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation of hazardous materials.
- Drive tractor-trailer in all conditions in accordance with Federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations, including driver's logs and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
To navigate to the Dohrn Transfer Career Center and apply for this position, please go to
dohrntransfer.balancetrak.com and choose the Evansville, IN location
Dohrn Transfer Company, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.