Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become a part of our new growth and bright future! We offer competitive salary and
a great benefit package in an exciting, rewarding industry.
Dohrn is currently seeking a Freight Bill Entry Clerk at our Corporate office in Rock Island, IL.
*Schedule: Monday- Friday, 5:00pm - 1:30 am*
- Enter all freight bills accurately that appear in queue
- Follow all freight bill entry guidelines
- Maintain productivity minimum requirements of 25 bills per hour and maintain an error rate of 1.5% or less.
- Perform other essential tasks as assigned
- High School Completion or equivalent
- Command of the English language to communicate effectively with internal departments/personnel
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Data entry experience preferred
- Transportation industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of hazardous material regulations and requirements preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to react to change productively
- Ability to read and distinguish numerical values such as pounds, pieces and dollar amounts
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have and maintain an exemplary attendance record
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Primarily sedentary work, which involves sitting most of the time
- May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- The general office environment is favorable; Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are minimal hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc;
- Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Talking and hearing required to communicate with and listen to others to share or receive information; May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others
- Minimal travel
To navigate to the Dohrn Transfer Career Center and apply for this position, please go to
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.