Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become a part of our new growth and bright future! We offer competitive salary and
a great benefits package in an exciting, rewarding industry.
Dohrn is currently seeking a FT Mechanic at our Indianapolis, IN Terminal.
- Operate and inspect mechanical equipment to diagnose defects.
- Analyze malfunctions and perform general overhaul, tune up or preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment.
- Plan work procedure using charges, technical manuals and experience.
- Repair, replace and adjust necessary units and parts.
- Enter labor lines and parts into repair order computer system.
- Travel to other company shop locations when staff is needed.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must pass a NON-Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and functional screen. NOTE: If you are CDL-qualified mechanic, you will be subject to a DOT physical examination.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Dohrn Transfer must receive a negative result.
- Experience as a journey-level diesel mechanic is preferred.
- CDL, ASE, and state and/or federal inspection certifications are preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of a variety of automotive and mechanical equipment is required.
- Must have working knowledge of the operating principles of gas and diesel engines and repair of heavy trucks.
- Must have previous experience maintaining detailed and routine record keeping.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Must possess knowledge of occupational hazards & standard safety precautions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to communicate to both internal and external customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Overtime may be necessary during peak periods. Must be able to work a varied schedule or travel based on need.
- Heavy work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, and 100+ lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Subject to both internal and external environmental conditions: work occurs inside and outside. Outside work may be in extreme weather conditions.
- Subject to: standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching for sustained periods of time.
- Subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to require shouting in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical working conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operate machines and motor vehicles.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts
at distances close to the eye.
To navigate to the Dohrn Transfer Career Center and apply for this position, please go to dohrntransfer.balancetrak.com
Dohrn Transfer Company, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.