Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become part of our new growth and bright future! We offer competitive salary and
a great benefit package in an exciting, rewarding industry. *CB
Dohrn is seeking a FT Dockworker at our Des Moines, IA Terminal.
- A minimum age of 18.
- Must pass a NON-Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and functional screen.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. Dohrn Transfer must receive a negative result.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a frequent basis and 100+ lbs. on an infrequent basis.
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30 days or more must be indicated and explained, and you may be asked to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed or withdrawal of the job offer.
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with Dohrn Transfer. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
- Must have command of English language with the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading instructions.
- Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck, dolly, or forklift.
- Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT requirements or on the dock to prevent damage.
- Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons, bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc.
- Common material handling tools will be used: forklifts, carts, dollies, banding machines, shrink wrap tubes, pallet jacks, and tow motors.
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be required.
- Heavy lifting will be required.
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risks and risk to fellow employees.
- Comply will federal, state, and company regulations.
- Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of the job. Be available and willing to work; exceptions require management approval.
- Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all times. Perform other duties as directed or requested.
To navigate to the Dohrn Transfer Career Center and apply for this position, please go to dohrntransfer.balancetrak.com
Dohrn Transfer Company, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.