Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become a part of our new growth and bright future! We offer competitive salary and
a great benefit package in an exciting, rewarding industry.
Dohrn is currently seeking a Dock Clerk/Freight Inspector at our Indianapolis, IN terminal.
- Inspection of LTL freight shipments for proper National Motor Freight Classification descriptions; This includes, but is not limited to, measuring cubes, densities, and determining proper NMFC descriptions
- Communicate efficiently with coworkers, supervisors, and other departments to ensure a successful operation
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risks and risk to fellow employees
- Comply with federal, state, and company regulations
- Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of the job
- Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all times
- Perform other duties as needed
- A minimum age of 18
- Valid Driver License
- High School completion or equivalent
- Must be willing to work 3rd Shift as required.
- Basic knowledge of National Motor Freight Classification descriptions
- Must be self-motivated and able to self-manage
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must possess good math and typing skills
- Prior W&I experience preferred but not necessary
- Excellent attendance
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons, bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc
- Common material handling tools will be used: forklifts, carts, dollies, banding machines, shrink wrap tubes, pallet jacks, and tow motors
- Standing, walking, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending at the waist, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be required
- Must be physically capable of operating a forklift, pallet jack, load lock and two-wheel handcart
- Will be required to lift up, set down, slide or move weight unassisted that could exceed 80 pounds
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a frequent basis and 100+ lbs. on an infrequent basis
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must have the ability to safely enter and exit trailers, vans, flatbeds, forklifts and tractors
- Must have the ability to work around and operate motorized equipment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job as specified in the job description
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures and dusty conditions in the dock environment; must be able to perform essential functions in these conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.