Dohrn Transfer is a leading Midwest LTL Carrier providing less-than-truckload, truckload, and value-added services throughout our 10-state service area. Join our team and become a part of our new growth and bright future! We offer competitive salary and
a great benefit package in an exciting, rewarding industry.
Dohrn is currently seeking a Pricing Support Analyst at our Corporate office in Rock Island, IL.
- Schedule expiration reminders to communicate with the Pricing team and Sales Reps on which customers are in need of a pricing review
- Make alterations to current contracts and/or create tariff pages for new accounts after approval on requests made by Sales Reps
- Arrange for Cancellation Letters to be sent out to inform customers that their established pricing will be inactivated
- Provide copies of Insurance Certificates to customers requesting additional documentation for their files
- Analyze account profitability by using cost model software
- Audit new account pricing set ups for accuracy
- Sort & organize all RFPs, prepare bid letters and send final bids back to customers
- Evaluate freight density and volume for proper cost allocation
- Perform rate database revisions and changes to support annual rate increase
- Preparation of the weekly fuel report for customers not utilizing the current Dohrn fuel surcharge and handling the fuel surcharge maintenance within CLI
- May be involved in the automation of rates populating correctly in the system based negotiated pricing agreements.
- Create bid proposal letters for bid opportunities and formally send out correspondence to customers
- May be involved with creating new customer codes and/or altering existing customer codes.
- Support computer-related rating questions from internal and external customers
- Research and resolve automated rating-related problems
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Ability to interact with a variety of people, including sales personnel and customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and react to change productively
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Excellent attendance
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Primarily sedentary work, which involves sitting most of the time
- May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- The general office environment is favorable; Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are minimal hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc;
- Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers
- Talking and hearing required to communicate with and listen to others to share or receive information; May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.